- 4 slices bread (I used 12 grain Italian bread)
- Softened butter
- 8 thick slices of Vermont Cabot cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 2 slices of buttered bread, butter side down, on a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Top with cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, and other slices of buttered bread.
- Grill for a couple of minutes until cheese has started to melt and bread is grilled to desired amount.
- Flip sandwiches and grill on other side.