- 2 cups chopped cauliflower, about 1 head
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup part-skim mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the cauliflower into medium pieces. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and the cauliflower and cook covered. Check skillet every few minutes to keep cauliflower from burning, but let it get roasted on the outside.
- Continue to let cauliflower cook, covered, for about 10-15 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450. In a blender or large food processor, place eggs, cornmeal, and seasoning.
- Place cauliflower in blender and puree until you have a semi-smooth, thick batter.
- Cover a pizza pan with parchment paper and pour batter into the center of the paper. Spread until you have about a ½ inch thick crust or thinner if desired.
- Bake the crust for about 45 minutes, checking occasionally to keep from burning. Cook until it is your desired crispiness and cooked through.
- Once the crust is done to your liking, remove and top with tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.