- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- Red, green, yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the quinoa and chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let the remaining liquid absorb into the quinoa.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, onion, and peppers; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, continue cooking until the asparagus is tender. Stir in the shrimp, and cook until the shrimp have turned pink and are no longer translucent in the center.
- Stir the lemon juice into the quinoa, then toss the quinoa with the shrimp and vegetable mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.