- 4 large zucchini or yellow squash
- 5 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil,
- plus more for drizzling
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Trim and peel the zucchini, then use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice lengthwise into wide ribbons (stop when you get to the seeds). Cut the ribbons into ¼-to-½-inch-wide strips to make them look like fettuccine. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, peel the tomatoes using a sharp vegetable peeler, then halve horizontally and squeeze out the seeds. Puree 1 tomato with the olive oil, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a bowl. Chop the remaining 4 tomatoes and add to the bowl; basil, oregano, and salt to taste.
- Divide the zucchini among bowls and top with the tomato sauce. Top with parmesan cheese and drizzle with olive oil.