- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup finely grated mozzarella
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add zucchini and cook, flipping once, until golden, about 1-2 minutes on each side; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini rounds onto a large baking sheet. Top each zucchini round with marinara, mozzarella and mushrooms.
- Place into oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Italian seasoning, if desired.