- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into thin rounds
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange eggplant rounds on a baking sheet;lightly coat with olive oil.
- Bake eggplant rounds in preheated oven until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the eggplant rounds; top with grated parmesan cheese in an even layer to cover. Return eggplant to oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Drop a dollop of tomato sauce into the center of each eggplant round; top with mozzarella, parmesan, and mushrooms.
- Bake until cheese is bubbling, about 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to serve.