- 1 8oz package portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta (I used penne)
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 6oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place mushrooms in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add in garlic and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mushrooms evenly onto a large greased baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring once.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but before draining, reserve 1 cup cooking water.
- Toss pasta with roasted mushrooms, spinach, and goat cheese. Add in reserved cooking liquid and stir until the cheese melts and the pasta becomes creamy. Toss in fresh basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.