- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups tomato basil sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Wrap squash halves in plastic wrap. Cook 1 at a time in microwave on high until tender, about 8 minutes. Pierce plastic to allow steam to escape. Cool. Meanwhile, sauté sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage browns and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage with back of spoon, about 12 minutes. Mix in sauce.
- Using fork, pull out squash strands from shells, leaving shells intact. Mix squash strands into sausage mixture. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon filling into squash shells.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange filled squash halves on baking sheet. Sprinkle each with ¼ cup Parmesan. Bake uncovered until heated through, about 20 minutes.