- Gluten free pasta
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Parsley – flat leaf
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- Parmigiano-reggiano grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Shrimp shelled
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon
- Bring two large pots of water to a boil and add enough salt to make the water taste like the sea. In one of the pots, boil the the pasta according to the package directions.
- Add the olive oil, parsley, cilantro, garlic, parmesan and salt to a small food processor and process until smooth.
- In the other pot, boil the shrimp until just cooked. The exterior will turn pink when cooked. The time will depend on the size of your shrimp, but mine took about 1 minute.
- Quarter the avocado, and then remove the pit. If your avocado is ripe, the quarters should peel easily by hand. Slice each quarter into 1/8” thick pieces and drizzle with the juice of ¼ lemon to keep them from turning brown.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to a bowl along with the shrimp, avocado and other ingredients. Toss with tongs to coat everything evenly, then serve immediately with lemon wedges.