- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp. white wine
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Toppings: chopped fresh parsley and (optional) freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- Cook rice to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute for 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and immediately season, salt and pepper. Continue sauteing the shrimp with the garlic for about 3-4 minutes, or until pink on both sides and no longer opaque.
- Add in the chicken stock, wine and lemon juice, and stir to combine. Let the mixture continue cooking for an additional minute to boil down, then remove from heat.
- Drain the rice, and serve topped with the shrimp scampi. Sprinkle with desired toppings.