White Bean Light Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, basil and oregano and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- 2 zucchinis, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Cut lengthwise slices from zucchini using a vegetable peeler, stopping when the seeds are reached. Turn zucchini over and continue ‘peeling’ until all the zucchini is in long strips; discard seeds. Slice the zucchini into thinner strips resembling spaghetti.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil for 1minute. Add water and cook until zucchini is softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put zucchini pasta in bowl, top with white bean tomato sauce and some granted parmesan cheese.