- 1 cup quinoa
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed or ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 5 stalks of celery
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles, plus more for garnish
- 4 green onions chopped, save half for garnish
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup hot sauce (I recommend Franks)
- In a medium pot, combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and turn heat to low. Cook until all the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the quinoa is cooking make the buffalo sauce dressing and cook the tofu or chicken. In a measuring cup or small bowl combine the olive oil, hot sauce, and seasoned salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the celery for about 10 minutes. You want it to just start to soften, but still be crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the tofu or chicken to the same pan and cook the tofu or chicken for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Add ¼ cup or so of the buffalo sauce and cook until the chicken absorbs the sauce.
- When the quinoa is ready add the tofu or chicken, celery, and as much of the dressing as desired. Add the blue cheese and half of the green onions. Toss again and serve warm with extra blue cheese crumbles and green onions.