- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 ½ cups chopped mushroom
- 1 ½ cups chopped tomato
- 1 ½ cups chopped asparagus
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- ¾ cups of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pierce the shell of the spaghetti squash with a fork and place in a microwave-safe dish; cook in microwave on high for 8 minutes. Set aside to cook until cool enough to handle. Slice in half lengthwise; remove the seeds. Use a fork to pull the flesh of the squash away from the shell and place into a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking and stirring another 3 minutes. Stir the asparagus and mushrooms into the mixture; season with the Italian herb seasoning and black pepper. Pour the tomatoes into the skillet. Continue cooking just until the tomatoes are warmed, 3 to 5 minutes then add the spinach, cook until wilted. Add the squash to the skillet and toss until evenly mixed.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.