- 16 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced, divided
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1 (10 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked white rice (1½ cups uncooked)
- 3 limes
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 4 cups lettuce or greens of choice
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Drain the tofu, and then transfer to paper towels. Press out any excess water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Add the beans and reduce to medium-low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, or until the tofu is cooked through, beans are warmed.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the cooked white rice. Cover to keep warm.
- Mash the avocados with the juice of two limes, cilantro, and salt, to taste. Set aside.
- To serve, build bowls with rice, lettuce, tofu, guacamole, and cheese. Garnish with reserved tomato and cilantro.