Pizza is by far my favorite food. I love pizza so much I flew all way to Italy to be reunited with my favorite pizza – GUSTA PIZZA!! What’s there not to love about the cheesy, delicious gift sent from heaven?
The best part about pizza is the fact that they’re customizable. Usually, I’m a plain cheese slice kind-of-gal but sometimes I like to pretend I’m fancy.
Check out a delicious pizza recipe below:
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3 slices of prosciutto, rolled up and sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium high heat. Add the sliced onion and cook the onion until it softens and turns golden brown.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto the sheet or stone.
- Brush the teaspoon of olive oil all over the top of the dough, then sprinkle on salt, pepper, and the fresh thyme. Sprinkle the shredded cheeses and gorgonzola crumbles all over the pizza.
- Finish the pizza off by placing the slices of pear, prosciutto, and caramelized onions evenly over the top of the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes or until it is bubbly and golden.