This meal is simple, sweet and delicious. I love any meal that involves cheese and pears/apples. Check out the recipe below!
- 9 ounce package of butternut squash ravioli
- 5 ounces of spinach
- 1 Granny smith apple
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ ounce of sage
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 vegetable stock concentrate
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Bring a large pot of water with a large pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, add the ravioli and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender and floating to the top of the water. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- While waiting for the water to boil, peel, core, and dice the apple into ½-inch cubes. Mince or grate the garlic. Finely chop 2 teaspoons of sage leaves.
- 3 Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the apples, chopped sage, and garlic to the pan and cook, tossing, until the butter begins to turn a speckled golden brown. Add ½ cup pasta water and the vegetable stock concentrate the pan. Cook until the apples are just barely tender and the stock has thickened, for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the spinach has wilted and a thick sauce has formed. Carefully toss the sour cream and drained ravioli into the pan. Taste and season with salt and pepper.