Who doesn’t love soup on a cold day? Check out the delicious and simple recipe below. It makes a huge batch and only takes 30 minutes.
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- Grated parmesan
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the first five ingredients in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, along with the beans, broth, and rosemary. Simmer, covered, until the beans break apart, about an hour.
- Add the kale and cook for 5 to 7 minutes more. Stir in the bread crumbs and serve, drizzled with the remaining olive oil and sprinkled with the cheese.