Anyone who knows me knows I’m obsessed with rice bowls. Have a quick and healthy dinner on the table in no time with this easy shrimp and avocado rice bowl! Check out the recipe below.
- 16 medium cleaned, tail-on shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 2 teaspoons oil (I used sesame)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- small pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup shelled edamame, steamed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 cups of rice, cooked
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Preheat the broiler. In a medium pan, toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon each of the oil and the honey. Add the cayenne.
- Broil shrimp for 2 minutes per side.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the remaining teaspoon of sesame oil. Pour in the eggs. Cook for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into strips.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon honey.
- Fold the edamame and sesame seeds into the rice. Serve the rice in bowls topped with the egg strips, shrimp and avocado. Drizzle the soy-vinegar mixture on the top.