Are you looking for healthy, hearty, and delicious lunch/dinner meal ideas? Check out this quick and easy recipe below.
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 sliced avocado
- In a small bowl, mash one can black beans; set aside. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and jalapeno in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, cumin, hot sauce, pepper, bay leaf, mashed black beans and remaining whole beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in lime juice. Garnish each serving with slices of avocado.