I have learned how to balance work and my health. My family, friends and co-workers are always amazed that I manage homemade meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner almost everyday. My health comes first so I always make sure to feed my body the right nutrients. If I don’t feed my body the right nutrients, I don’t have as much energy which leads to less productivity at work and life in general. Check out another quick and easy pasta meal below (who doesn’t love pasta):
- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped into large cubes
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 small lemon
- Crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces of pasta (I used Ancient Harvest Quinoa Gluten-Free Spaghetti)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add fresh shrimp and half the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute on one side until pink on that side. While it’s cooking, sprinkle paprika and salt over uncooked side of the shrimp. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until pink on the other side.
- In the mean time cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add chopped fresh tomatoes, cooked spinach, and remaining amount of minced garlic to shrimp. Add some crushed red pepper.
- Add pasta to the skillet with shrimp and vegetables with 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice. Season with salt and more crushed red pepper. Warm it up on medium heat until shrimp is cooked through, and all ingredients are heated through.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.