This may be my favorite cheat meal-Hands down! Who doesn’t love creamy pasta!? Check out the recipe below.
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cooked and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened and cut into 8 pieces
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt & pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium pot or skillet, melt the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook each side. Set aside once it’s cooked through.
- In a medium pot or skillet, add 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the cream cheese, stirring with a whisk until the mixture is smooth. It will look curdled at first, but with constant whisking for 2-3 minutes, it should come together to form a smooth, creamy paste. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach.
- Over medium heat, add the milk gradually, about 1/4 cups at a time, whisking quickly and constantly until each addition is incorporated fully into the sauce. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, pepper and salt. Add chicken and cook over medium heat, stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is the desired consistency, about 5-10 minutes.