I’ve been on a turkey meatball kick lately. I love adding different ingredients to see what I can come up with. These sun-dried tomato, basil and mozzarella meatballs are amazing! Check out this quick and easy recipe below.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients except for the olive oil in a large bowl and mix together with your hands until everything is combined. With your hands (or a spoon), work the meatballs into small balls about 1½” in diameter and set aside on a platter or baking sheet.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add the meatballs to the oiled pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, watching carefully that the meatballs don’t burn. Rotate and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Rotate one more time and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the meatballs are browned on the outside and just cooked in the center. Transfer the cooked meatballs to a paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite tomato sauce and pasta.