I love little necks!! I came across some at the grocery store in FL and decided to make a simple pasta recipe with them. Boy did it turn out amazing!! Check out the recipe below.
- 1 package pasta (I used gluten free!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 8 ounce bottle clam juice
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hand full of spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato, garlic, spinach and pepper to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine and juice; bring to a boil. Add clams. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Remove clams from pan ; add butter to pan, stirring until butter melts. Place pasta in a bowl; top each serving with clams and sauce.