Happy Monday! Check out this simple and delicious recipe below.
- 8 ounces rotini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth, plus more if necessary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- Preheat broiler to high. Cut bell peppers in half and place on foil-lined baking sheet, skin sides up. Broil for 8-10 minutes or until blackened. Once blackened, remove from oven and transfer to a plastic bag. This will help the skin sweat so that you are able to peel it off easily. Keep in bag 10 minutes, then peel and slice into strips; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together two tablespoons of olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, basil, parmesan cheese, basil and oregano; set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- While peppers are cooking and/or sweating, you can cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle two teaspoons of olive oil in. Add in chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked. Slice chicken and roasted roasted peppers, add to mixture. Then add in pasta and stir. Sprinkle with a bit more parmesan cheese.