Two of my favorite things – Turkey meatballs and homemade sauce! This is the perfect meal for a cold fall night. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup panko
- Mix all the ingredients and shape into 15 meatballs approximately 2″ across.
- In a medium size pan, spray with nonstick vegetable oil.
- Cook the meatballs for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through and nicely browned on the outside.
Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 8 ounce can water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- In a medium pan, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Remove from pan and place in blender with fire roasted diced tomatoes and tomato sauce; blend and set aside.
- Add tomato mixture and 8oz can of water to pan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.