- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter over low heat.
- With a whisk, mix in the cream cheese and whisk until completely combined.
- Add milk and flour and continue to whisk.
- Once it heats up and is smooth add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Let it sit for a few minute to thicken.
- Lower fat recipe. Follow directions above–it will be slightly thinner, but will thicken upon standing.