I’ve been on a pasta and chicken sausage/meatball kick lately! Life has been very busy and pasta is always an easy dish. This dish is very simple to make and filled with so many flavors. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 pound Italian chicken sausage, cut into pieces (I used aidells!)
- 2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes with juice, un-drained
- 1 12 ounce package gluten-free pasta (I used penne!)
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, toss peppers, onion, garlic, olive oil and basil; spread in an even layer.
- Add sausage pieces.
- Bake 25 minutes, uncovered, stirring half-way through baking time.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice; bake 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove sausage and cut into thin slices; stir back into pepper mixture.
- Toss hot pasta and pepper mixture; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.