Happy National Kale Day! This meal may be simple but it’s full of protein, vegetables & complex carbs – Everything you need to stay energized! Check out the recipe below.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- one small yellow onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 4 tightly packed cups baby kale leaves
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes!)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, minced (I used a mixture of basil, oregano & parsley!)
- Parmesan to garnish
- In a large high-sided skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey and onions and season with salt and pepper. Break up the turkey and cook until turkey is cooked through and brown. Set turkey and onion mixture aside.
- Sauté tomatoes and kale. Cook until kale is wilted.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add turkey and onion mixture back in.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in quinoa and herbs. Continue to cook until warmed through, serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.