This meal was so colorful and full of protein, vegetables & complex carbs. Oh and guess what? I didn’t add any salt! I had a ripe avocado so I decided to me an avocado salad. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 cup halved tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed with side of knife
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Toss to evenly coat and transfer to a sheet pan lightly sprayed with olive oil. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken. Season both sides with lemon juice and pepper. (I grilled the chicken!)