Slow cooker soups are so easy and great for the chilly weather! This is what I ate for lunch Tuesday-Thursday. This soup is so tasty & low in calories, plus it’s filled with vegetables & proteins. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups no sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pound kale, coarsely chopped
- Place quinoa, tomatoes, beans, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme and bay leaves into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in vegetable broth and 2 cups water until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir in kale until wilted.