Looking for something to make in under 30 minutes that’s filled with protein, vegetables & complex carbs? Then check out the recipe below. It’s very easy to make & full of flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in ground turkey and cook until golden brown then add in garlic and jalapeno, stir frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin, season with pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
- Garnish with your choice of cheese – I used feta!