I love tacos and eat them almost every week. Typically I eat ground turkey tacos, but I’ve been getting sick of them. I love black beans & quinoa – This may be my new favorite taco recipe. Check it out below.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 pieces of romane lettuce
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Heat quinoa and 1 cup water in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion powder, paprika and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- To serve, spoon quinoa mixture into the center of each piece of romane lettuce. Top with avocado.