During the week I eat a whole lot of oats with berries & hard boiled eggs. I love the weekends because I have time to make breakfast. Check out the recipe below.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 pepper, diced (I used an orange pepper – That’s what I had available.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Cabot!)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Turn your ovens broiler on high
- Preheat a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add your diced onion to the pan and stir for about 3 minutes until they start to get soft.
- Add in your peppers and garlic, stir for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes and sauté, stirring often, about 3-4 minutes until your sweet potatoes soften
- Crack eggs on top of sweet potato mixture. Add shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place your pan six inches under broiler and cook to your liking, about 2-4 minutes.