Homemade baked ziti is the perfect meal for a cold night, plus it’s delicious & filling. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounce button or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounce gluten free pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 large jar marinara sauce (I used Newman’s Own Tomato & Basil Sauce!)
- 1 (15 ounce) container of fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook until softened and liquid has boiled off, about 7 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta, marinara sauce, ricotta, salt, and pepper to skillet with vegetables. Stir until well combined.
- Pour pasta mixture into baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.