- 1 pound orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
- Salt & black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until its golden brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and red pepper, bring to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and simmer, covered, until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan and cook, uncovered, until the sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- Toss the pasta and sausage mixture together, add salt & pepper.