This pasta is so good – I’m drooling as I’m posting it. It’s perfect for a cold night! Check out the recipe below.
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon 1% milk
- 3/4 cup grated Romano
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, romano cheese, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and gently stir to combine.
- Using a spoon, form the chicken mixture into 3/4-inch pieces. With hands, roll the chicken pieces into mini meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the meatballs and cook without moving until brown, about 2 minutes. Turn the meatballs over and brown the other side, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, and broccoli rabe. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tomatoes and broccoli rabe are soft and meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta water. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl and add the Parmesan. Toss to lightly coat orecchiette, adding reserved pasta water, if needed. Add the meatball mixture and mozzerella cheese.