Who doesn’t love rice, cheese & zucchini? This Cheesy Zucchini Rice is the perfect side dish. It’s not the healthiest, but it’s OK to splurge. Next time I’m going to make it with quinoa! The dish with jasmine rice is about 250 calories. Check out the recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup rice (I used jasmine rice – Next time I’m going to use quinoa!)
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, bout 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth and rice. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in zucchini and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Cover and let stand until cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.