Are you looking for a healthier fettuccine alfredo dish? Check out the recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used white rice flour!)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- In a saucepan, over medium-low heat melt 2 tablespoons butter in the saucepan. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk, thyme and oregano. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half and Parmesan, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in spiralized zoodles. Add broccoli, if desired.