If you haven’t noticed yet, I love zucchini. Also, I prefer quinoa over rice – I enjoy the texture more! These Zucchini Quinoa Fritters are the perfect side dish. Check out the recipe below.
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups grated zucchini, as much water squeezed out as possible
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup flour (I used white rice flour!)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Combine the quinoa and 1 cup water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until cooked, about 12 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic clove, dried oregano and dill. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Grate the zucchini using a box grater or food processor. Place in a large bowl and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Place the grated zucchini back in the bowl and add in the cooked quinoa, onion and herb mixture, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and a generous pinch salt/pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Grab a hand full of the zucchini mixture (about ⅓ cup) and form into a patty.
- Place in the skillet and let cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown, flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the either side.