- 4 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used white rice flour!)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a large stockpot oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel; set aside.
- Melt butter in the stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme, basil and rosemary until fragrant.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth, milk, bay leaf, zucchini and corn. Cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnished with Parmesan and bacon.