I’ve been sick with a cold for three weeks, and I haven’t been able to taste anything. I made this soup in hopes that it would make me feel better. The warmth helped my throat, and I could taste the flavors! Check out the recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 15.5 ounce can great northern beans
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in vegetable stock, beans and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Stir in orzo; reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste.