- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast
- 14.4 ounce can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounce frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 ounce can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half-hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve over rice and add your favorite toppings (I added shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, and tomato).