- 8 ounces whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 pound lean spicy Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pound frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook. Drain.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and water; stirring occasionally and crumbling the sausage more, until it is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Squeeze spinach to remove excess water, then stir into the pan.
- Mix tomatoes with basil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- To assemble lasagna: Spread ½ cup of the tomatoes in the prepared baking dish. Arrange a layer of noodles on top, trimming to fit if necessary. Evenly dollop half the ricotta over the noodles. Top with half the sausage mixture, one-third the remaining tomatoes and one-third of the mozzarella. Continue with another layer of noodles, the remaining ricotta, the remaining sausage, half the remaining tomatoes and half the remaining mozzarella. Top with a third layer of noodles and the remaining tomatoes.
- Cover the lasagna with foil and bake until bubbling and heated through, 1 hour. Remove the foil; sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is just melted but not browned, 8 to 10 minutes.