- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 15.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 10 ounce package frozen corn kernels
- 2 10 ounce cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade (see below)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Homemade taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
- Nestle the chicken in to completely cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Half-hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Serve over rice or by itself. Garnish with your favorite toppings (I topped mine with homemade guacamole and cheese!)