- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 pound Italian chicken sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup regular cream
- 9 ounces tortellini
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and add the onion. Squeeze the sausage from the end of the link to remove it from its casing, add directly into the pan, break up into bite-sized pieces. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned. Reduce heat to low, then add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cream, and tortellini to the skillet. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until tortellini are tender. Add spinach and stir until softened and wilted.