- 12 ounces whole wheat fusilli
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fusilli and cook as directed. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, carrots and bell pepper to the boiling water during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden. Add the tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook until the tomatoes begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water. Pour the tomato mixture over the pasta and vegetables. Add Parmesan and half the goat cheese and toss to combine.
- Garnish pasta with the remaining goat cheese.