- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Salt & pepper
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and brown – you don’t need to cook each piece through, just add a little color to the outside.
- Place in a crockpot. Sprinkle with chopped garlic, salt, and drizzle 2 cups of vegetable broth over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- 30-40 minutes before serving, whisk together remaining vegetable broth, lemon juice and zest, soy sauce, cornstarch, and honey. Pour this mixture into the crockpot, stir to coat. Turn crockpot to high and cook for 30 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over rice, pasta, zoodles, spaghetti squash, etc.