- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 5 ounces shitaki mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 9 ounces three cheese tortellini
- Parmesan, grated
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. When melted, add the celery, onion, carrot and garlic. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the vegetable broth, water, mushrooms, and increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. When broth boils; stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, simmer until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions.
- Garnish with Parmesan.