- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups peeled butternut squash, cut 1/2-inch-dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder1/4 cup water
- 8 medium low-carb whole wheat flour tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory!)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped scallions, for garnish
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeno and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add cubed butternut, tomatoes, black beans, water, cilantro, cumin and chili powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place 1/3 cup filling in the center of each tortilla and roll, place on the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining filling.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese and bake, covered with foil until hot and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Top with scallions.