Salsa Verde Chicken Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pound skinless chicken tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 ounce can roasted salsa verde
- Season chicken with garlic powder, oregano, cumin and salt and place in
- the bottom of crock pot then cover with salsa verde.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred with 2 forks. Remove 2/3 cup of liquid from the slow cooker and discard.
- Place shredded chicken back into the crock pot with remaining salsa and cook for another 30-45 minutes.
Salsa Verde Chicken Tostados
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups easy crock pot chicken salsa verde (above recipe)
- 6 tostada shells
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican Cheese
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the shredded cabbage with lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Place tostada shells on a baking sheet. Layer 1/3 cup of chicken, 2 teaspoons shredded cheese and jalapeños over each tostada shell. Bake until the cheese is melted and the shells are crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with cabbage mixture and jalapeños.